Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fuku, Sydney (World Square)


Lately I've been procrastinating from blogging becasue of work and my family visiting Sydney, so this post is a late one from a month ago when Mr.P celebrated his 23rd Bday :) There were 6 of us dining in Fuku. Fuku is located just across Din Tai Fung in World Square. Make sure to book a table because when we arrived, the place was swarming with diners.


There were a lot of dishes that I would love to order but because Mr.P was treating that night so I just suggested a couple of dishes to him ;p All of the foods in the menu were tempting and even the prices were really reasonable in my opinion. So we let Mr.P ordered the foods while we chat and laugh :)

The first thing to arrive is Pink Dragon Roll - Crispy tempura inside the roll and topped with seared salmon on top and garnished with Tobiko. The sushi was mindblowingly delish! I'm not joking one of the best dragon roll I've had so far :) I highly recommended the dish ^^ Even though the components might sounds simple but the combos work really well.

Pink Dragon Roll $17
Another sushi dish that we ordered was the Volcano Roll - another tempura roll with mushrooms and scallop topped with spicy cream sauce. The creamy sauce provides a perfect addition to the roll.
Another delish sushi from Fuku but I still prefer the Dragon roll maybe because there was raw scallop in the volcano roll ..

Volcano Roll $22
Then come the Popcorn Prawns -  Tempura bite size prawn with Wasabi Mayo. The prawns were deep fried till crispy and smothered in somewhat sweet and tangy wasabi sauce. I don't really fancy the dish that much but most of my friends kinda like it :) The portion was quite big as well considering the price.

Popcorn Prawns $12
Next dish is Fuku BBQ Pork Spare Ribs which comes in small and large portion. We picked the small one and it came with wedges and salads. It was kinda unusual to see pork spare ribs cooked in Japanese sauce and served western style ;p

It was yummy though! The pork ribs was tender and the sauce is indeed special as they mentioned in the description of the dish ;p

Pork Ribs Small $13.50
And here comes the dish that I've been waiting for. The only thing that I insisted Mr.P to order! Cripy pork belly served on top of japanese coleslaw and with a side of mustard. We ordered the small size (Unfortunately! T.T). The skin of the pork belly was undoubtedly crispy and the coleslaw at the bottom complement the pork really well, with a hint of mustard, a mouthful is just .,,, Heavennn ;p

Crispy pork belly $14
That night was all about Beef, Pork and Prawns! The next dish is Angus Beef Steak - 48 hours slow braised short ribs served with Polenta and asian greens at the bottom. The beef was tender and well marinated but I don't really find anything spectacular with the taste :)
Black Angus Steak $24
Now this one is another story! It was so delicious that we ordered for seconds! Wagyu beef yakiniku - Tender and Juicy Wagyu with japanese yakiniku sauce. The sauce was amazing, full of flavours and the stir fry veggies at the bottom was great as well. The beef was really juicy and I literally can finish everything by myself! Another recommended dish in Fuku. Even though it doesn't have a 'Chef recommended' star, but I still do think that it's worth a try :)

Wagyu Beef yakiniku $24
Lastly, the mains that we ordered was the Corn-fed Teriyaki Chicken Breast - twice cooked chicken breast with teriyaki sauce. Nothing really special about the dish, the chicken was pretty dry in my opinion hehe.. Not a great dish to close this post ;p

Corn-fed Chicken Teriyaki $23
So the verdict for Fuku is it's definitely worth a visit and do order dishes that has the chef recommended star on it! :) Service may not be the best, it was hard for us to get the staff's attention considering how top notch the Japanese are with service ;p  I would definitely be back for their sushi, yakitori, okonomiyaki and the most important thing in a meal, their dessert!!

Fuku Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^