It's surprising how simple it is to prepare and yet the taste is superbly good ~~
This recipe is perfect for any kind of BBQ or just a regular dinner dish like I made last night :)
All you need is:
- 750kg Mince pork ( Regular mince not lean please! ;p)
- 5 Garlic cloves - Minced
- Dash of pepper
- Chillies to liking
- 120g of Nam Seasonings
- Bamboo skewers
1. Mix all the ingredients together
2. Let it marinade for at least 30mins or for best result a day or two.
3. Take a handful of the mince meat and insert the bamboo skewer through the middle and start shaping them
4. Put it on the grill to brown the outside and finish it in the oven til cook through
5. Serve while warm!
I also made a modified Fujian Fried rice which is basically a simple fried rice with vegetables gravy pour on top.
- Fry the beef with onions and eggs. Put in the rice and season with soy sauce
- Make the gravy by frying chopped garlic, chopped fish fillet and leftover veggies. Put some oyster sauce in, sugar, pepper. Mix in chicken stock and corn starch to thicken the sauce :)
- Pour the gravy on top of the fried rice
A humble meal with packed of flavour for dinner last night :)