Monday, November 4, 2013

Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ, Haymarket

I passed this restaurant many times but never have the urge to try it out until this one night when my plan is to have dinner in Seoul-Ria then catch a movie in event cinemas. It was so crowded in seoul-ria that we literally have to wait for 30minutes said one of the waiter. We can't wait that long as out eating time is pretty limited but at the same time we crave Korean food as always :P

So back up plan, the nearest korean restaurant from there is Dae Jang Kum. So we came in, and we seated right away. Look at the menu and we decide what we want in minutes as we are starving!


 As usual Banchan number one that came out :) Love the fishcake and the potato for an empty stomach!

We order the Haemul Pajeon (Seafood Pancake), Im not a fan of the shallot in it though so while eating I have to take them out of the pancake.. The IRony of my life. I love Korean food but Korean food loves to have spring onion or shallot in it T.T But it taste great though..^^

Haemul Pajeon $15

 One of my friend doesn't really eat spicy foods but we still ended up ordering the yukgaejang (Spicy beef stew) as me and my brother loves this soup, so majority rules! hehe.. But its not that spicy anyway, its pretty mild ^^
YukGaeJang $14
 The Hero of the night is this dish - O sam bok kum - which is a stir fried spicy squid and pork belly with vegetables (cabbage and capsicum). This dish to me is mild spicy too. Its pretty much stir fried with gochujang. My friend thought its quite hot for his liking hehe..
Osam Bok kum $30

We don't have that much time to try the BBQ here.. But its good enough for a quick meal. Will definitely comeback to try other varieties ^^ 



http://www.daejangkum.com.au/
Dae Jang Kum Korean BBQ Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^