- 1kg chicken breast fillet
- 125ml Sweet soy sauce (Bango Brand)
- Satay sticks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 medium size french shallot
- 3 pieces of candlenut (In Oriental stores)
- 2 small red chillies
- 500ml water
- 1/2 tsp chicken powder
- 250gr crushed peanuts
- Diced the chicken into square pieces
- Combine with the sweet soy sauce
- Set aside
- Heat up pan without oil, then put in the candlenuts until a bit toasted
- Blend the spices (Garlic, Shallot, Chillies and toasted candlenut) in blender
- Heat up oil in the pan and fry the spices blend for about 3-4mins
- Take 1/2 of the fried spices blend for the chicken marinade ( marinade for at least 1hour)
- Mix the other half with the crushed nuts, water and chicken powder.
- Bring it up just before the point of boiling, put it in blender again to smoothen the crushed nuts.
- Put back in the pan then taste. Put it salt and pepper to taste.
- Peanut sauce is done !
- Arrange 4-5 marinated chicken dived into a stick.
- Grilled the satay sticks on a griller while brushing it with some leftover sauce at the bottom of the marinade bowl
- For the peanut sauce, add more sweet sauce sauce / kecap manis and also fried shallot on top
VOilaaaaa.. U got Indonesian Satay Chicken :) Its a good dish to make something different in OZ BBQ party :P