Monday, September 29, 2014

Ippudo - Central Park (Chippendale)


This is my second time visiting IPPUDO! They will be opening a new spot in Central Park lower ground level on the 2nd of October and I got the privilege to have a taste of their awesome menus in Central park. I must say the menu is a bit different from the ones in Pitt st mall, so make sure you check this place out when its open!


Bebski and I arrived at 6:30PM and at the front of the shop was a bunch of people waiting to be seated. I thought that they also accept regular customers but apparently that night they only open for invited people; food bloggers and other groups. The place was spacious and keeping with their group dining table style like the one in westfield, they have 2 large tables in the middle of the area for larger groups or smaller groups to mingle ;p



We were greeted warmly by the staff and also approached by Sana Motoyama, the Marketing manager that invited me to IPPUDO. She's a very nice lady :)

Enough intro let's go to the foods ~~ We got to choose any drink from the menu accept the alcohol. One of the staff recommended their Homemade Lemon Lime Bitter that was uniquely refreshing and addictive! I got a slight grapefruit bitterness, a bit gingery kinda spicy and also sweet at the same time :) Bebski thought they put a bit of sake-like liquid in it as it tasted a bit alcoholic ;p


We also get to choose a starter each. Being a Dumpling fan, I got their Gyoza in Chilli Oil. The gyoza were boiled then smothered in the fragrant chilli oil and topped with onion and cabbage. I love the sauce! The gyozas are meaty and yummy! Really can't get enough of it... ~~


Bebski got the Pork Croquette, it took quite awhile for it to arrive but its worth the wait. It had a thick crunchy outer layer, not like other croquette with thin batter.. The filling taste like bolognese but in a Japanese kind of way :)



Both of us ordered the Special Ramen which comes with extra fillings of Seaweed sheet, Boiled eggs, Beans prouts, Pork chasu slices, Bamboo shoots and Black mushrooms.


Let me start off with my uh-mazingly mouthwatering ramen! I got the Miso tonkotsu Special - Ippudo's siginature pork broth infused with red miso topped with pork belly chasu, cabbage, bean sprout. bamboo shoot and corn.


After mixing everything in and with additional chilli oil, my mega ramen looks like the pic below! It was seriously delicious.. The portion was big and I thought its worth the price of $25 a bowl, considering the amount of chashu that I got. I am definitely a fan of IPPUDO's pork belly chashu! Usually every time I visited a ramen place, I would always give my chashu to bebski but this time, no sharing for me! And also what I love from this ramen is the flavour depth of the soup and the fresh crunchy corn :) Not to forget I love the ramen noodle in it!
Highly recommended!


For bebski, he got the Shiromaru Special - IPPUDO original tonkotsu broth served with thin noodles, pork loin, bean sprout, black mushrooms and shallot. I remembered I ordered this Hakata style ramen in my first IPPUDO visit. The soup was rich but for me it didn't have enough punch of flavour.. But bebski on the other hand, he loved it! Especially the pork loin..


There.. a summary of our awesome ramen!
Writing this post made me droools for some ramen right nowww..


IPPUDO definitely has step up their game to another level! Before, I thought the hype was overrated but now I can truly say, I am an IPPUDO fan especially to the Pork Belly Chashu fuuuu~~ I am one happy food blogger ^^


Happy trying everyone! Don't forget to get in early on the 2nd October!
It is located in the Central Pall, Lower Ground RB07 :)

To know more about IPPUDO, you can click on this VIDEO ^^


Ippudo Sydney on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^