- 1 Medium Broccoli Floret
- 2 Medium Potato
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tsp Chicken powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mushrooms to liking (pan fried with a bit of salt)
1. Boil the Brocolli in 1 L of water. Close the pan with lid to minimize evaporation
2. Chopped up the potato and carrot roughly to fastened the boiling process.
3. Diced finely 3-4cm carrot for garnish and diced half one of the potatoes into small cube.
4. When you can cut through the broccoli easily, drain it immediately in cold water and used the broccoli water to boil the carrot and potato. This is the base of the soup.
5. While waiting for the potato and carrot to boil, in another pan, Fry the cubed potatoes til golden brown
6. Set aside in towel paper to drain excess oil
7. After the potato and carrot cooked, put in the broccoli. Seasoned with salt pepper and the chicken powder
8. Blend with hand mixer and let it boil further for another 3-4mins before tasting.
9. Dont forget the potato, carrot and mushroom garnish on top..Serve with toasted sourdough while still warm :)