So all you need are:
- 500g Baked Sweet Potato flesh
- 1 cup Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Now let's start the magic....
1. Wash the sweet potato and make sure to dry the water off before putting in the oven. Yes it effects the wetness of the dough later. For 500g sweet potato, I heat it up in 200oC oven fan forced for 40-45mins
2. While the SPotato is baking, mix in the dry ingredient in a bowl.
3. After 45mins, Peel of the Spotato and mash the flesh.
4. Let it cool down before you mix it with the flour
5. After a proper mixing, form a small ball from the dough. If the dough is too wet, do add some more tapioca/plain flour just enough so that it's not very sticky.
Lastly, to fry them, Do not let the oil gets too hot. I know it is deep fried but to make this small fluffy crispy balls, you need patience. I'd say around 100oC oil should be perfect and it took about 3-4mins before it's floating to the top :)
Served while hot with condensed milk!