Friday, April 4, 2014

Albury Trip

Never ever have I thought that I will be back here in albury since my bachelor degree fieldtrip from Sydney - Melbourne - Sydney. Here I am again, 2 years later, for work purposes.
Me and bebski drove for approx 7hrs from Sydney! As we were stuck for an hour in M5 on a Thursday night. What a luck :( And on our way, the weather too, was not our friends. Lots of thunder and lightning - heavy heavy rain!

I have forgotten what the city looks like.. As we reached the CBD, I was quite impressed that it was not as bad as I remembered it to be..


Dean st is the main street here. The same like George st in Sydney. It a stretched of 4-5 blocks of shops, cafes & Restaurants. What I noticed here is that there are heaps of brunch and cafes than the restaurant.

We stayed in Rydges Hotel which is quite cheap.. The cost is $107pn if you register as the priority reward member :) We arrived in the hotel quite late and so we went to bed straight away.


It wasn't as luxurious as Rydges in Sydney CBD. But the room is quite spacious and clean. Its just the bathroom thats a bit dirty and the chipped tiles here and there.. I would say that the Hotel is tired. They really need to renovate..

Went for Breakfast on the last day of the stay as from the look on the Website, the food offered looks very appealing and I read somewhere that it costs 20AUD pp which is quite cheap! So we had a big breakfast there!


The Hot food station.. My favourites! I can't take a pictures of what's beneath the lids as they were quite heavy and everyone was starring when I started taking pictures ;P So let me just elaborate. There were 4 different types of eggs; scrambled, poached, boiled and fried sunny side up. Also pork sausage, bacon, hash brown, baked beans, herbed mushrooms and grilled tomatoes.


 Bread selections station.. served with various jams and u can toast them too!


A couple of danishes which is really crispy and moist in the inside, not too overly sweet. And two muffins (sweet & savoury), it tasted like a plain flour to me ;P


This station is quite appetizing with colourful fruits, various yoghurts, parfait and Bircher Muesli, Yummm~~ Healthier Option than the Hot food Station kekeke.


My eyes was always towards the savoury breakfast first! I like my eggs, bacon and sausage in the morning!
Everything was great. The bacon was too salty that I had to eat it with the croissant .. The poached egg, I was hoping the yolk oozes out, but it was a disappointment.. But the scrambled egg was the winner for me, it was creamyyyy and soft.. 

Next I had the oats, cereal and skim milk :)
It was a good choice to balance my palate after my savoury dish..
Then I also tried the parfait and Bircher Muesli, can't really finish them all as I was quite full. So just a bit or two to satisfied my curiosity hihihih


To finish everything off, I had the fruits... 


Overall, it was a good breakfast. The Lady who serves us was really attentive and friendly. I may say that Albury was one of the many cities with the nicest people ^^

The negative point from the breakfast, it turned out to be 28AUD pp instead of 20 :( Shudve gone to Mr.Benedict or Mr.propietor for breakfast instead T.T But oh well, whats done is done, its a good breakfast anyway. Need to do better research next time :)



www.rydges.com
Rydges Hotel
648 Dean St 
Albury
NSW 2640

1 comment:

  1. An interesting dialogue is price I feel that it is best to write more on this matter, it may not be a taboo topic however usually individuals are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. Cheers.
    Albury Apartments

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^