Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Cake House Cupcakery, Albury

I was looking through the internet on places to visit in Albury and this cupcake place came up from Gourmet Traveller review and it is called Stormie D'Cupcake. I was immediately attracted to go visit as the place is all pink and cute and the cupcake looks delicious and very pretty to take pic of.

At first I didn't know hat the name is not Stormie D Cupcake anymore so when I passed the street, I thought it has closed down. But then I decided to just see this cake house cupcakery just in case they tasted any good as Bebski need a coffee hit anyway before we head back to Sydney..


When I entered and see everything is pink, I am quite convinced that this is the same cupcake store but they just change the name I guess ;P I don't know. But the cupcake too, looks different from Gourmet Traveller's pics ..



We arrived there on Saturday Morning and there isn't any much cupcake left. The owner told me that even on Fridays they will close before 4:30PM if all the cupcake has sold out. The cupcakes must be popular in Albury.


So I decided to get one of each mini cupcake. They also sell macaroons but Im not a big fan of them so this time just the cupcake :)

6 mini cupcake for $10
Took picture and then off to the car and head back to Sydney. We tried the first one when we were about 1 hour away from Albury and ......................... kicking ourselves that we didn't taste it there and buy more!! It was so delicious. The cake was moist and the icing is not very sweet. It has a good distinct flavour in each of the cupcake and this was the only cupcake that Bebski adore!


The place is quite small and so they only have 1 sitting area and that is it :) Most people come just for takeaways. There were 2-3 people came to take their Birthday Cupcake orders when I was there ^^


AS usual, bebski ordered flat white. And I have been listening to his complaints about the coffee not being in the right temperature. As he was a barista a year ago, he knows more or less about a good coffee. But this time he was so happy that his coffee is perfect and the coffee bean is really of good quality according to him ;P

Flat White 4.50

http://the-cakehouse.com.au
The Cake House on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Albury Apartments

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^