Saturday, April 12, 2014

Ttukbaegi GyeranJjim

Ttukbaegi GyeranJjim which means Steam eggs in Earthware bowl. . Earthware bowl is something that I have look for quite a long time, so I went to Strathfield one day hoping that I could find one and I did! My dream is to make my own dwenjang jigae in that pot ;) That will be another recipe soon.

I am writing up the steam egg recipe for my Korean Meal tonight. Another easy and simple dish, really good to warm up the body in this cold rainy weather..


Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Chicken Stock
  • 3 Eggs
  • Pinch of salt & pepper
  • 2 Tbsp Milk
  • 2 Frankfurt sausage
Methods:
  • Boil the chicken stock in the earthware bowl

  • Meanwhile, Crack three eggs, season well and mix in the milk

  • Whisk the egg for 2-3mins so that it become fluffy and will rise nicely when steamed.
  • Pour in the egg mixture to the earthware bowl.
  • Close the lid and let it boil under low heat for 4-5mins



Usually there is spring onion in the recipes. But I use frankfurt sausage here to give other flavour. Bebski finds it too eggy and he suggested to use ginger next time. Could be a good idea too if you don't really like the eggy note, which i dont mind it :)

Eat while still hot with steam rice :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^