Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Sokyo Ramen Pop Up, The Star


I am probably too late to post this up cause apparently Sokyo Ramen Pop up has been going on for a while now... But it will still be running till the end of November, so there's still time for all of you to try it outtt :)

I went there last Saturday Night with my buddies Ms.L and Mr.P, and surprisingly there were no queue as I was told which is good ...


So here are the feast.. They offered 3 choices of Ramen up on the board; the tonkotsu, tantanmen and cold ramen. None of us fancy cold ramen. So we got the other two.


Mr.P and Ms.L got the Umami Tonkotsu 2.0 Ramen - Pork, Chicken & Seafood dashi, pork backfat, Umami Soy Kaeshi, Pork Cheek Chashu, Black Fungus, Marinated Egg, Nori, Yuzu Kosho. The broth was quite thick and rich, filled with all the porky goodness!

I got the Spicy Miso Tantanmen which also comes with Broccolini and tomato. Yes those veggies in tantamen. Never seen before in tantamen, cause they usually put just beansprout hihi.,. But it's a good different though..

I think I prefer the tonkotsu over the tantanmen, Probably I'm used to tantanmen from Ichiban Boshi that is thicker and richer than the one Sokyo made. It's still good though don't get me wrong.. :)

Not to forget we ordered Han's Fried Chicken which was super perfect as a side for the ramen! For the drink, I tried the Yuzu Pop Soda - Yuzu, passionfruit, Aloe Vera Juice, Orgeat Almond syrup and Soda. So fresh and had a strong passion fruit note.


Make sure to visit the place while it last and do come outside peak hours to avoid queue :)
Hope u enjoy it as much as I do ^^

Sokyo Restaurant - The Darling at the Star Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^