Saturday, May 3, 2014

Chocolate Pudding & Vanilla Sauce (Fla)

Bebski's colleague invited us to his home for a Barbie on the weekend. He told me to make something to bring.. I was thinking to make the satay chicken as I know his colleagues love my chicken satay :) But apparently, it is a hassle and I'm quite lazy to make them up.. So an easy option is to make dessert.. Again, I was thinking of making my mighty rum chocoball, but Bebski said it's too an 'Immature" dessert for the event ;P

So, I decided to make this chocolate pudding with fla, another easy recipe my mom use to make when I was little..


All you need:

Chocolate Pudding
  • 900cc Chocolate milk
  • 10g Good quality cocoa powder
  • 6 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1 Packed of swallow Agar agar Powder
Methods:
1. Mix the Sugar and Cocoa Powder
2. Bring Chocolate milk and Agar Powder to boil
3. Put in the Sugar + Cocoa powder mix


4. Cook further until sugar dissolved
5. Pour to trays to cool and harden



Vanilla Sauce (Fla)
  • 1 L Full cream milk
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 egg white
  • 10-12 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla essence
  • Jamaica Rum to liking
  • Corn starch for thickening
Methods:
1. Heat up Milk

2. Whisk eggs and sugar until pale

3. When the milk is at its scalding point (Just before boiling), quickly pour some of the warm milk to the egg sugar mixture, keep whisking to avoid eggs curdling
4. Quickly pour Mixture no.3 to the whole pot of warm milk
5. Stir constantly.


6. When it boil, in another bowl combine corn starch and water just enough to thicken the fla. The consistency should be similar to that of a corn soup.


To serve, I cut the pudding square shape and put it on a small bowl with the fla at the bottom :) 




Packing 25 bowls can be really tricky, thankfully I can manage it well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^