Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tom Yum Goong (The easy way)


To accompany the crispy pork belly dish, I planned to make Tom yum Goong using the premade Tomyum paste to make things easier and faster :)
I need to add some more seasonings to the paste to make it more tangy ^^




Serves: 2
Ingredients:

  • 3.4 Tbsp Tom Yum paste
  • 125g Prawns
  • 1 Cup mushrooms (Just cause I lovee mushrooms)
  • 4 Cups of Chicken stock*
  • 1.5 tsp White Vinegar
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • Few pieces of cilantro for the soup and to garnish
*I use the pork stock from boiling the pork belly :)






Methods:

  • Mix the stock and the tom yum paste, bring to boil
  • Once it boils, Put in the prawns first until it's half cooked, then put the vinegar and seasoning. Let it simmer for 3-4mins and then taste if it needs further seasonings
  • Lastly, add in the mushrooms and cilantro towards the end of cooking time so it's still fresh :)

  • Serve with the steamed rice and crispy pork belly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^