Monday, May 26, 2014

The Sparrow's Mill - The Incredible Chicken, Sydney


Another fried chicken shop opened recently in Liverpool st. The displayed menus at the front of the shop looks so appealing that I decided to try the place out with bebski and Mr.P. I tried to look up online to check on their menu and nothing came up as it is really new. Not even a facebook page.
After much digging, I found that the menu is similar to the Red Pepper Club Chicken in Strathfield RSL. I might be wrong though :)


So we went on a Thursday night and the place was not too busy when we arrived. Their eftpos machine is not working yet and so we had to take out cash before ordering.
The waiter hardly speaks english so it was quite a struggle for us to order as Mr.P requested for the soup to be mild in spiciness.

I also spotted a different manner of eating in this restaurant. Usually the banchan is serve prior to any of the meal. Here, the banchan is serve along with the rice after one of our chicken dish came out. So we waited quite awhile before we can enjoy the side dishes.

It is also my first experience to have boiled eggs as one of the side dishes and also dried seaweeds which is quite oily. The fish cake does not impress me either, it is tough and almost tasteless. The taste of the kimch is like they have been taken out from the kimchi packed you can get from Korean store. But I love the soy beansprout :)

For the fried chicken, I ordered soy chicken and Black sesame Chicken. The Soy chicken came out first and after a bite of the dokbukki, we were wondering soy chicken got chilli pieces in it. It turned out that the chicken get switched. Luckily, we just had the dokbukki. Not long after that, the soy chicken came out. The soy sauce tasted like chinese herb medicine. Not really to our liking.. The picture below is of the spicy one. I forgot to take the soy chicken ones ;P

Spicy chicken $17 (Medium)
 The black sesame chicken on the other hand, is so delicious! boneless, tasty, crispy, juicy and flavoursome!! The mustard sauce complement the chicken really well. I would highly recommend this dish!!

Black Sesame Chicken $17
We would like to order Bossam at first but for $42, it is so not worthed! usually bossam is priced at $30. So we go with the seafood hotpot that is served with chewy udon noodle. The soup of the hotpot, I must say, is great! It has a smoky taste probably from the capsicum in it. But it tasted different that other korean hotpot. But different in a good way though! I also recommend this one :)

Seafood Hotpot $45
 I know it probably a bit more expensive that regular korean hotpot, but the seafood servings is so generous! There are a lot of prawns, mussels and squids!


Will we be back? Probably. 




The Sparrow's Mill on Urbanspoon

12 comments:

  1. ooh that black sesame chicken looks great and hehe you're right the menu looks exactly the same as red pepper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its really good!!! U shud try it out :) Maybe they are of the same owner ;p

      Delete
  2. The chicken looks really good! And the hot pot too-all such winter friendly food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats right... I am welcoming winter, its weird that lately its getting warmer though ;P U shud really try the hotpot, its different from other K hotpot around city ^^

      Delete
  3. I saw this on someone's instagram tonight! can't wait to try!thanks for sharing a photo of the menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :) have a good meal there... The chicken is awesome ^^

      Delete
  4. I walk past this place on my way home from work.
    Been meaning to drop by.
    Thanks for sharing the menu here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Worries.. Dont just walk pass.. U shud try it soon :)

      Delete
  5. Ahhh man, I see this popping up everywhere. I have to visit it soon, I love KFC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love KFC too! MAybe our next meeting can be venturing all KFC Around Sydney! ^^

      Delete
  6. good food but service so HORRIBLE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Food but Service So HORRIBLE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^