Tuesday, May 27, 2014

@ Bangkok, Haymarket

I'm so happy that my mom is here for almost a week now. That means home cooked meals and a clean house! But the unfortunate thing is that I can't have Korean food cause she only wants to eat Western and Thai foods. I brought her to Kao Pla last Sunday but apparently she was not impressed by the soft shell crab or the pork ribs but rather the Panang Curry. She went to @Bangkok before and she loves the foods there. And so as requested by her, we dined at Bangkok in haymarket AGAIN :)

Chicken Padthai is the first thing to come. My mom's friend particularly ordered this dish as he loves noodle! So he's keen to try the padthai here. Which in my opinion, is good but not great. The noodle is well cooked, still has that chewy texture and the dish is well seasoned too. It's just that the noodle is a bit dry and the chicken is not marinated as much :)
Chicken Padthai $13.90
I remembered the Pad Kra Pow in Bangkok used to be darker in colour but who cares as long as the flavour still delivers! I personally asked the dish to be spicy and the spiciness is up to my standard! I loved itt.... It has a balance flavour of the fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar. The basil is there but not too much. Just enough to give that herby note to it.
Pad Kra Pow Chicken $13.90
My mom's favourite, Panang curry. The sauce is creamy, smooth, full of flavour and mild. The curry flavour is not too overpowering and is really a perfect match to a warm Thai Jasmine Steam Rice..!!
Chicken Paenang Curry $13.90
They don't have my usual pork belly dish (Prik Khing Moo krob) but instead they have Pad Ped Moo krob. Maybe they are of the same dish? Basically it is crispy pork belly stir fried with red curry paste and veggies. The pork belly is more to the fatty side than dry and crispy which is not my sister favourite ;p I personally don't mind it. I think that the dish would be better if they can give more sauce in it.
Pad Ped Moo Krob $15.90
Another crispy pork based dish is this papaya salad called som tum moo krob. The salad is fresh, tangy and gives a good texture to our fatty and savoury meal. The pork belly is crispy and well seasoned.
Som Tum Moo Krob $16.90
Yum Pla Foo is a favourite dish of ours. Crispy mince fish topped with spicy and sour salad which consists of green apple, chilli, lemon juice, cashew nut, mint leaves, coriander and fish sauce. Another refreshing and tangy salad. As I wrote this review, I can't help it but realize that the salad dishes are more expensive than the meat dishes ;P Don't know why.. Maybe veggies and fruits are more expensive? ....
Yum Pla Foo $16.90

Overall, It was a great meal, the place is not too crowded which is perfect to chat more after dinner. The service is very good as all of the staffs were helpful and attentive. And importantly, My mom's Thai food's craving has been fulfilled. She's happy and so am I :)

Another VISIT to Bangkok with MOM ^^

Before my mom leaves Sydney, One request from her is to dine here again at Bangkok. This time besides the Paenang Curry and Pad Kra Pow, We ordered the Chicken Stir fry with Basil and Chilli jam. I always love Thai Stirfry with their choice vegetables. It's colourful, vibrant and fresh! I do think that a bit more sauce would make the dish even better ^^


I forgot how delicious and flavourful their Kana Moo Krob is. The pork is jucy and crispy while the veggie still has its crunch and the oyster/soy sauce is amazing! It has that smoky wok aroma in the sauce and I seriously can't describe how good it is. Please do try this dish when u visit this place :)


http://www.atbangkok.com.au/
@ Bangkok on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Its so goooddd.. My mom came back twice because of that :)

      Delete
  2. The prik 'khing' dish you like is the one with ginger and a little bit different from pad ped.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^