Another lazy Saturday this week. After a night out on Friday to the city, I am too lazy to go out today. So I decided to cook Thai food for lunch and dinner. I've always wanted to make my own pad prik khing moo krob and so I googled a couple of recipe to get the basic ideas of the ingredients.
- 500 g Roast pork belly
- 1 cup Green beans, cut diagonally
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves chopped thinly
- 1 clove Garlic
- 5 Red Chilli (Amount can be adjusted to liking)
- 2 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 2 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp Water
1. Boil the pork belly for 15minutes until the skin is translucent.
2. Put on cookie rack for 30mins to let it dry out and also pat with paper towel. Best is to let it dry for atleast 3 hours but I am not that well prepared today ;P after 30mins, I brush the pork skin lightly with vinegar then rubs it with salt and pepper. Let it stand for another 15mins
3. Put in oven at 200oC for 1 hour (40mins for each side) or until crisp and brown. I tried to pan fry it but the oil explosion is too much to handle!
4. Heat up the wok with oil. Mix in the garlic and chilli. Stir fry till fragrance
5. Then Put in the red curry paste and sugar. Cook until it turns a bit brown and aromatic.
6. Next is the Green bean as I don't like it raw. Then Put in the water and cook further for 2-3mins.
7. Pour in the fish sauce and dash of pepper
8. Lastly, Toss in the crispy pork belly and stir until everything is coated with the paste.
Serve with warm steamed jasmine rice ~~ Yuummmm...