Saturday, August 6, 2016

Another Melbourne weekend Escape :)

I'm in LOVE with Melbourne!! The foods, the places, the people, except the weather ;P
I went for a weekend escape with the Hubby months ago, he said its an early bday gift for me, he would be willing to go to alll the brunch places that I picked hihihi...

We went by Bus, yes that was sooo tiring, its just that that time was the cheapest option we have just for a weekend getaway. Once we arrived Melb, without further ado, we took Uber and went to my fave Suburbs, Fitzroy! Home of the many yummy foods and cozy cafes.

First stop is to Sir Charles for their Salmon benedict and also Colourful Waffles that everyone have on their table!


Salmon Benedict - Sriracha Hollaise, Panko Crumbed egg, Smoked Salmon Rillette, Baby Spinach Spinach and Burnt chilli on Roti. Very highly recommended~~! Couldnt describe it with words, just amazingly delish
$19
Eton Mess waffle - Belgian waffle, Cripsy Meringue, berries, Jelly Tip Ice cream and marshmallow. Picture perfect? yes. Taste wise, a bit disappointed ;P To be honest, I'm not a fan of waffle with meringue, all the elements are pretty dry even though they topped it with a scoop of ice cream. Probably custard or honey would help with the overall texture :)

$17
Ordered the Cronuts too which was a bit dry and i thought it would be full of flavs since their is mango coconut and passionfruit in the description. But another let down for me :(


By this time, we were a bit full and decided to check out Lune Croissant. The queue was ridiculous and the rain started to pour! So we forget about it and went to Breakfast thieves. The hubby ordered a hot chocky and I tried their new dessert on the menu.
Babe in Black Forest - Brioche French Toast served with 53.5% Dark Chocolate soil, Mandarin Curd, Vanilla mascarpone, Maraschino Cherry & Candied Bacon.
IMO it was good but not great. Love the bacon anda gain the french toast was too dry for me, need a but something like honey or maple syrup :P

$20
Almost straight after this, we went to Mile End Bagel. It was an unplanned visit. We were too full to have lunch at Rice Paper Scissor so we decided to walk around in Fitzroy to digest the foods. But apparently, we were stopped by the crowds in this place that sells varieties of bagels! And so we dropped by and give it a try.

We ordered the Double Bacon, Cream Cheese and maple syrup drizzle on a Poppy Seed Bagel. It was delicious especially when served warm and fresh! It is a definitely must visit in Fitzroy and hence the queue~!
$14
My second visit to Rice Paper Scissor and this time I get to bring the Hubby to try the awesomeness of the foods here! We got the Pork Belly, Lamb ribs, Bossam and Wagyu Beef. Nomz!!
$30/pp
We end our eating journey in Fitzroy and back to the City to get some rest before more foods adventures ;P
Dinner time comes fast and we went to this Hutong Dumpling Place in Chinatown as recommended by our Uber Driver which apparently is a foodie too! And I did see alot of post from Hutong Dumpling when I was doing my research to Melbie hihihi..

Had the Xiao Long bao, The spicy Dumpling and Pan Fried Dumpling. The place was packed with people but luckily, a table for two is not a problem anywhere! Dumpling were fresh and fillings were generous. It was delish! :)


Second day, went to QV market as usual to have some snacks and coffee. Planned to eat at Auction Room but again the queue was out of my head! so yea, just got their coffee. It was pretty good!


Finally, went to Baba Sus in Glen Iris.
Ordered the Green Tea Latte which is very milky and has a good Matcha flavs!


And also my fave combo of all timeee -- Watermelon and Coconut Shakes! Refreshing and soo much goodness in it!

$7
The cafe is famous for their HongKong Egg Waffle - Vanilla Custard, Berry Compote, Green Tea Ice cream and Pistachio Praline. Fluffy middle and crispy edges, i love it! The berry compote do much better than usual redbean greentea combo for me. Generous custard too! Overall, Impressive :)


Japanese Cabbage and Corn Fritter, Its like Okonomiyaki Fritter hihi :) It was lovely, very generously portioned but I recommend sharing this dish since it was hugee! Adding bacon and Poached egg to Okonomiyaki is a great idea~!!

$17
From Baba Sus, we drove all the way to Lux Bite in South Yarra. Got their Matcha Opera and Kuma Dessert. Love the greentea but not so much on the Kuma. The banana flavour was strong in it but another strong flav - caramel. Its kinda contrasting each other out! :( 


Since I didn't get to try Lune, Mr.P recommended Agathe's Croissant, so we rushed to South Melbourne Market to get some. Luckily, they still have heaps of the Original Croissant which what I was looking forrr ~~ I wasn't expecting the croisasnt to be so flakyy and still so very good even after they are almost close! Went to melb again not long after that, tried Lune but prefer Agathe much betterrr!! and no queue -- ^^


We went to Ma brown for dinner, but I didnt took photo since as usual we only ordered the quail and that time I had a bad service experience there that I did made a complain to their Insta >.>

So for dessert, visited Milk Cow! They got heaps of toppings on a creamy vanilla ice cream :) I thought it was good but a bit pricey for the taste.


That ends my second day and on the last day, the usual rituals everytime I visited Melb. I gotta visit Manchester Press for their Bagels and Coffee! Got the MP Club Sandwich and the Pulled pork :) I still think reuben rachel is the best hihihi :)


That concludes my weekend escape to Melb! I got another post of My recent Melb trip which hopefully will be up soon :)

Sir Charles Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Breakfast Thieves Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Mile End Bagels Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Baba Sus Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato LuxBite Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Agathé Pâtisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Milkcow Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Manchester Press Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^