A good way to finish off any leftover veggies in the fridge is this recipe! I have tons of various veggies sitting in my fridge for a couple of days now, and I also have some leftover red curry paste from my previous thai cooking, so I decided to make this easy simple red curry.
On the Jar of the red Curry Paste, there is an easy recipe that you can follow but I made some modification from the original package.
All you need is:
- 500g Chicken breast (Diced thinly)
- 150g Prawns (Optional)
- 400g Coconut Cream/Milk
- 4 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 pieces Mushroom
- 1/2 Piece Red Capsicum
- 1/4 Cauliflower Floret
- 1/4 Brocolli Floret
- 8 pieces of Snow Peas
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 medium-sized french shallot
- 3 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 8 pieves of Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Dust the chicken and prawn with flour and a bit of oil
2. On a pan, fry the shallot and garlic until fragrance, put in chicken first until halfway done then the prawns. After everything is cook, mix in all the veggies and stir fry with soy sauce for aboout 5-8mins to help the veggies to soften
3. Take off the pan, set aside.
4. In another pan/wok, Heat up 4 Tbsp oil and fry the red curry paste til fragrance about 1min. The put in the kaffir lime leaves.
5. Next is to mix all the meat + Veggies into the wok with curry paste
6. Pour in the coconut milk/cream, fish sauce and sugar
7. Simmer for about 8-10mins until all the veggies are cooked.
8. Taste, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper
Served with steam rice while still hot.