Kroketten or Croquette is usually fried foods with cover with breadcrumbs and filled with mince beef and mashed potatoes. Well that's how we have it in Indo, but the recipes from my friend did not have mashed potatoes in it, so I'm quite curious how it will turn out.
Make about 50 logs
- 375g Mince beef
- 1/2 diced brown onion
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 750ml water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 100g Butter
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup Full cream Milk
- Breadcrumbs for coating
1. Fry the onion until fragrance. Mix in the mince beef, beef cubes, nutmeg, curry powder, and pepper. Stir until the beef is slightly brown, pour in the water and salt.
2. While boiling, in another pan, melt butter.
3. Pour the melted butter on to the flour
4. It will forms a crumbly texture
5. In a mixer, pour in the beef mixture, then add in the butter and flour crumbles
6. Keep mixing until everything form a slurry
7. Let it cool down until it thickens further and easier to handle and shape.
9. Shape the beef ragu into logs, dusted in breadcrumbs, then put in the egg mixture then back to another pile of breadcrumbs.
10. Deep fried at 190oC until golden brown
11. The best thing about the recipe are that it can make a lot of logs and the leftover can be frozen until needed :)
12. Serve while still warm with mustard ketchup and kewpie :)