This week has been full of eating out and my wallet is getting thinner and thinner! So I decided to cook for lunchh :) The dish in Indonesia is called Martabak telor or Savoury pancake in english. It is generally made up of mince meat (chicken, pork or beef) and eggs wrapped in spring rolls pastry. I learn to make this dish from my Grandma's maid back in Jakarta :)
The usual savoury pancake / Martabak Telur uses spring onion to make it more aromatic. But as I hate spring onion, I used green beans instead to give it some colour.
- 25g Chopped mushrooms
- 25g Mince Chicken
- 25g Chopped Green beans
- 5-6 Eggs
- 9-10 spring roll pastry sheet
- 1/2 tsp mince garlic
- 1/2 tsp mince french shallot
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry the garlic and french shallot along with the chicken
2. Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper
3. Cut up the mushroom and Green beans
4. Mix in the wok along with the chicken
5. After everything is cooked, put aside.
6. Crack the eggs, season with salt and pepper
7. Mix in the chicken and veggies mixture into the eggs.
8. In a flat pan, put some oil, after it is quite hot, put in a sheet of spring roll pastry
9. Pour in 2-3 Tbsp of the egg mixture in the middle of the pastry and start folding the sides
10. Cooked until both sides are brown and crispy.
Tips: Sometimes the pan gets too hot and when you put the pastry, it will crisp up and it'll be hard to fold. It is easier to prefold the pastry with the egg mixture first and then put the folded mixture on a hot pan :) You have to fold really tight though so the egg mixture won't leak :)
The recipes seems like a hassle but it is actually really easy and delicious!