Monday, March 31, 2014

Oden (Fish Cake) Bokkeum

As usual my craving for Korean food hits me in an unpredictable way! After Konganmul bap, I was craving for banchan.. In particular is the fish cake which I love so much but always couldn't get enough in K-restaurant.. So I made a pact to myself to find out the recipes and make tubs and tubs at home. So I did, a couple of times already that the recipes stick in my head now :) I always look up Aeri's Kitchen Recipes for basic Korean ingredients and seasonings.. So here it is...

It is a simple and easy recipes and the flavour is guaranteed yummy! The struggle for me is always cutting the carrot 'julienne' style. Sigh.. shudve bought food processor or smthng ;P

                              

Ingredients:

  • 6 Fish cake Sheet
  • 1 Carrot
  • 1/2 Brown Onion
  • 2 tsp Sesame seeds
Sauce:
  • 3 Tbsp Soy sauce
  • 3 Tbsp Corn syrup
  • 1 Tbsp Water
  • 3/4 Tbsp chopped garlic
  • 2 tsp Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
  • Dash of pepper 

Methods:
  • Fried the fish cake at first with 1-2 Tbsp oil. Take off pan and put aside
  • Put in another 1-2 Tbsp of oil, then fry the onion until it change colour and then the garlic.
  • Next mix in the carrot and cook further for another 3-4mins
  • Then combine the fish cake along with the sauce
  • Let it cook further until all the water has been absorbed (approx 4-5min) in low heat.


Tadaa.... Oden Bokkeum! My favourite Korean Banchan... 


Try it at home.. It is seriously easy and delicious!
Thanks Aeri's for the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^